Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day 11: Rollin with my homies sippin' organic juice

We are overflowing with creative juices at our house right now.  One roommate uncapped a jar of his grandmother's sweet grape juice.  I made a beet, orange, grapefruit, carrot lemon juice.  Another roommate made carrot, cucumber, lemon, grapefruit apple juice.  We have a bunch of juice right now and it's so fun to drink a bit of each.  It saddens me to think that there are people who have never known the joy of fresh juices.  A majority of people have only experienced the pasteurized, homogenized concentrated sugar loaded juices available in restaurants and the grocery store.  So now I'm on a mission for everyone to experience good, fresh juice.  Some people fear it, especially the ones with beets and carrots.  Can't tell them about the spinach or kale!   

The weekend has been relaxing and I've gotten a lot accomplished.  I would say I've accomplished more this weekend than I have on weekends where I have access to Facebook.  And I am reminded, again, that the best connections are the ones that happen eye-to-eye.  I know today though I was braver in an email and a text conversation with someone than I would have been able to be in person with them.  Perhaps eventually I would have been this brave, but I'm not sure.  And now seems to be good timing for it.

So this week will be busy.  Work, 2 doctors appointments and working ahead so I can leave at a decent time on Friday and not go back over the weekend to do more work.    I'm going to start carrying my script around and spend spare time working on lines instead of checking my phone.  I've written one page of my promo package and gotten three client testimonials for another page.  Things I wanted to accomplish are coming together and I feel good about that.


Next week....I'm buying a scale for the house.  Now that's risk taking!

 

2 comments:

  1. Any thoughts to do a recipe blog to go along with this? Just an idea.

    ~Kate H. (Again, I really have no clue why my blogger profile says TKT. I must have programmed it like that years ago, but now don't know how to change it. Plus for the life of me can't figure out what I wanted it to stand for. Weird.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, I don't use recipes for my juices, I just go for it. There are a ton of recipes available on the Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead website. If you haven't watched the documentary, you should!

    ReplyDelete