Sunday, March 4, 2012

Day 4: Can't Beet Juice Vampires

I was incredibly tempted to look someone up on Facebook today.  It took incredible self control to resist.  But I did and I feel good having done so.  I'm opening the computer less.  I wonder what it would be like to only open it once a day?  I think I will get there.  However, some of the goals I seek to meet require me to use it for editing audio, etc so I may have to use it some and just not be tempted to surf the web or interact with anyone who wants to.

I'm consuming less juice.  An entire 32 oz bottle is lasting all day.  I don't feel any lack of energy and the only thing I really want is popcorn!  :)  No popcorn and no Facebook.  Pretty simple.

Today was a beautiful day.  I sat outside on the patio just enjoying the feeling of sunlight.  It was a beautiful day to be outside.  I can't wait for grower's markets to set up again and days to get warmer.  I miss the sunshine very much.  I know the lack of sun has contributed to my vitamin D deficiency, which has led to some of my recent discontent.  I am holding on to the thought of warm sun on my skin and seeing the buds on the trees coming out.  I know spring is soon and I will be patient.  

I feel like I have no idea what's going on in the world.  4 days without the pop culture of Facebook.  I have to actually go to websites to find news and information.  That makes me more mindful of sourcing stories and understanding where ideas are coming from.  I'm just gonna say.....no Fox News for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment