Friday, March 9, 2012

Day 9: Cool As A...

Cucumber.  I's my new best friend.  With a stalk of celery and a lemon and some mint.  Juice it and throw it over ice and you've got a swig of happy.  I was at work this afternoon and it was "beer-thirty" as is traditional at quitting time on Fridays and everyone was enjoy a cool beverage and I poured myself a glass of green drink and toasted right along.  No.  I don't feel bad.  No I don't miss being able to have alcohol.  No, I don't even miss anything that much.  I know at the end of this I will have better life habits and it is imperative that at some point in my life I take this step to wrestle the reigns from myself (the creative one) and give them to myself (the detail oriented completion junkie one) and live this life like I'm on fire screaming through the sky punching holes in the atmosphere and leaving a trail of stardust.

I've got things to do and I've been getting in my way.  I'm got places to go and people to piss off.  I've got ideas to make realities and realities to improve.  I've got nothing but time and I have no idea how much of that any of us has, so I'd better use it being good to myself.  Being good doesn't mean disappearing myself in distractions.  Being good doesn't mean insulating myself in unused energy.

So, I'm cool.  Even the Facebook thing is starting to be no big deal. There are a few people I miss.  But honestly, they haven't taken the time to contact me so in a month if I still haven't heard from them, it's time to reassess the value of the relationship.  I'm curious as to who reads this.  I know a few people who do but there are a lot more page views than those few.  I know there are some people who read this who don't think I'll make the whole 60 days.  That's ok.   I have committed to a course of action, I'm all in.  51 days to go.  Child's play really.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Niki,

    The saying goes "you can do anything you set your mind too" You have this in the bag :)

    I'v been on my journey for 8 months, 20 pounds lighter and big changes in my cholesterol numbers. It's all about a positive attitude. I had to learn what was important, and that I wanted to be a good role model to my family, and show them that it was important to be healthy. baby steps for me.. who knows I may take a break from FB :)

    Keep up the good work Niki, I enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can do anything and you can too! And we do!

      Delete
  2. Upheaval is a great thing to experience, especially in the spring. It's startling, colorful and requires nothing else but watching and waiting. Reading these posts is like learning how to do an oil change. A Christmas tree stand is just fine if you don't have a pan. For a very peaceful video about being outside (you remember irony...), I recommend "Rivers and Tides" on Netflix. An artist who makes sense to me, who also invites an understanding of upheaval in life, and counts as an hour or so of deep meditation. xxoo from Blackberry Lane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lysa, your mind is one I miss the most. THANK YOU for poking your head in on my journey. You just appeared Cheshire Cat-esque in my mind with your broad smile and wise eyes.

      Delete
  3. Wanted to check in. Also let you know that "I've got places to go and people to piss off" made my day!

    ~Kate Holt (signing here because sometimes my google account log in acts up when I leave comments on blogs--can't figure that sucker out!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad it gave you a laugh, if you know me.....you know it's true!

    ReplyDelete