Monday, April 23, 2012

Day 54: Cheater?

My cousin asserts that I may be cheating. I can see her point of view so let's explore.... When you set up a GMail account you are now automatically enrolled in Google's Google+ feature. I haven't done much with Google+ and rarely check the account that mine is linked to but last week I added that email account to my cell phone so now every day I get my mail on my phone, including prompts to add friends and family as friends in my Google+ circles. I finally have started relenting and adding people when I get the prompts. I also uploaded photos to the account from my phone. I have no idea what my Google+ looks like or even what it does and how it works, I'm saving exploring that for May 1st when I end my social media "fast." I suppose in that context it could be argued that this blog and my poetry blog are actually cheating as well. I'm not going to sweat the details. My intent was to stay off Facebook and reduce my consumption of the mental junk food I get from the site. I know I've done that and I'm glad for it. My use of it will be vastly different when i return. I thought about whether or not I'd go back and look at what everyone else has been up to and decided that I won't. Just like in real life, if I've missed it, I missed it and there is no do over. I want my moments to be live, in person, in the flesh with you. I want to hug you, wipe your tears, hear your laughter and share real life things together. Ain't nothin' like the real thing baby....

No comments:

Post a Comment